This Fall-Inspired Quinoa Bowl is packed with in-season fall ingredients. It’s excellent to incorporate seasonal ingredients into your diet because they are fresher, more flavourful and have higher nutritional value. Also, a great way to support local farmers and markets!
You can add additional protein or enjoy it as a side dish. It would be a great way to change up your Thanksgiving side dishes! We intend to help you achieve proper physical and mental health by encouraging you to fuel your body and develop habits that support your best version of yourself.
Roasted Cranberry & Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl
2 2/3 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and cubed)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/3 cups Frozen Cranberries (or fresh)
1 cup Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
2 cups Water
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/3 tsps Dijon Mustard
2 tsps Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C)
- In a glass or foil-lined baking sheet, toss the sweet potato with 1/3 of the EVOO and salt. Roast for 30 minutes, adding the cranberries midway.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cover with a lid. Let simmer for 13 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove the lid, turn off the heat and fluff with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining EVOO, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup. Add the roasted sweet potato, cranberries, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and feta. Gently toss until well combined. Enjoy!
- No Sweet Potato: Use carrots or butternut squash instead.
- No Quinoa: Use rice or cauliflower rice instead.
- More Greens: Add spinach or arugula.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.