The discipline of naturopathic medicine is regulated in the province of Ontario. It is a primary-contact discipline with no medical referral necessary for an appointment. Naturopathic medicine is a system that uses natural remedies to assist the body in healing itself. The goal of naturopathic medicine is to treat the person as a whole – body, mind, and spirit. It aims to identify the root cause of an illness and heal from within rather than treat only the symptoms in isolation.
At Durand Health, our naturopathic medicine doctors can assess and diagnose many medical conditions and guide our patient through a complete care plan. Treatments may include one or a combination of evidence-based and effective treatments. Rest assured that you will be educated on the goals of your treatment plan and how the methods work.
Naturopathic medicine Can Help With:
- Anxiety & Depression Fatty Liver
- Diabetes Weight Management
- Eczema Autoimmune Disease
- Acne Muscle & Joint Pain
- Obesity Abnormal Menstrual Periods
- Digestive Issues Women’s Health
- Infertility Sleeplessness
What type of treatments do Naturopathic Doctors provide?
- Nutritional Counselling & Support Homeopathy Prescription
- Prevention & Lifestyle Counselling Acupuncture
- Supplements & Herbal Medicine Cupping
- Intravenous Vitamin (IV) Therapy
Our naturopathic medicine doctor, Dr. Amani El Sawaf, strives to help each patient by not only improving their symptoms but also identifying the underlying cause of their health issues. Dr. El Sawaf’s treatment specialties:
- Pain Management
- PCOS & Women’s Health
- Fatty Liver & Metabolic Disorders
- Anxiety & Depression
- Thyroid Disease
- Digestive Issues