HEALTHY SNACKS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL
Back-to-school, and for some, back-to-work season is here! Back to making lunches and ensuring that they’re healthy and enjoyable. Here we’ve got a yummy AND healthy snack packed with fibre and all the macronutrients to help fuel you through your day. It’s also nut-free! We want to help you achieve proper physical and mental health by encouraging you to fuel your body and develop habits that support your best version of yourself.
BANANA OAT CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIES
- 3 Bananas (large, ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter (grass-fed / organic)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Oats (large flakes)
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Protein Powder (1 scoop)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sunflower seed butter, butter, and vanilla. Mix well, then add the oats, protein powder, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, sea salt and chocolate chips. Mix again until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet and flatten them gently with a fork. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: One serving is equal to one large cookie.
- No Chocolate Chips: Use raisins, dried cranberries, chopped figs or cacao nibs instead.
- No Sunflower Butter: Use tahini, peanut butter or almond butter instead.
- Make Vegan: You can sub the butter with coconut oil.
- Leftovers: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.